Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Trip to Stillwater

Saturday morning Tiffany and I made a quick road trip to Stillwater for some cheese fries and a Fowl Thing at Eskimo Joes. What was interesting was that we felt like walking around some in the park, so we did the trail from East of 14th Perkins and got just chilly enough to require something warm to drink at Aspen Coffee on 7th and Main.

Boy was I suprised when I got to that corner. Now in downtown is a low power TV station UHF-31, and the studios for 2 AM and 1 FM station. I noticed on the way home the FM station (105.3 or 105.1, "the Bee") was full quieting until the Hallett gate for the turnpike and then on the hilltops I could hear it east of Lake Keystone.

I wonder if the W5YJ guys could scam some summer employment at a radio station...

Also, there is A LOT of of those anodized Yagis around. And BBQ-grill reflectors on small towers... smells like Wi-Fi. I should have been carrying NetStumber with me...

More ideas to follow.

73
Scott

No comments: